Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Video: PARTY




So Beyonce unleashes yet ANOTHER video off her "4" CD. I really am not sure what her thought process behind putting out 3 videos in one month is. Her label came out and said they were ready and willing to promote this CD for a long ass time as they believed in her vision. Mind you this is when "Run the World" was seen as a flop. Not sure what's going on, but I'll take Beyonce videos all damned day.

I have been waiting to see the visuals for this track from the moment that I heard that she was filming it in a *gay gasp* trailer park!! Sounds ridiculous, but I have always had a slight fascination with them. When I was younger and really into photography, I had envisioned high fashion in a trailer park and thought the juxtaposition would be GENIUS.(File this under "I knew I was gay when...") Apparently Beyonce thought the same damned thing. She is forever "borrowing" from great artists, so I feel quite special. Now, feel free to cut me a check. Thanks!

The video has a chill, summertime vibe, which makes me wonder why it is being released in the dead of fall? The party looks like SO much fun and I really wish I would have been invited. You know who else probably feels the same way? MICHELLE WILLIAMS. Kelly Rowland and Solange (who looks a LOT like dancehall star Patra) are all up in the clip, and Shelly can't be found ANYWHERE. What gives? IT's not like she's busy.

I see that Bey switched the rappers from Andre 3000 to J Cole. Smart Move. J Cole is hot right now AND on her baby daddy's label. Cha Ching bitches! I do think I prefer Andre on this song. I like the flow he brought and I think he would have it into this video concept better than J Cole. He has a bit more hipster style than J.

Overall, I like the video and think it's shot well. Much of it looks like outtakes from a fashion shoot and I love that. Now I just need to find myself a good ass house party to attend (hopefully in somewhere a bit more fabulous than a trailer park...)

No comments: