Thursday, October 27, 2011

Statute of Limitations

OK,
I don't know if people know this but I am not a lawyer. Well at least not in the state of Florida. At any rate, I do know a thing or two about statutes of limitations. The statue of which I am speaking is in regards to calling someone out. You are all probably in the dark so let me get you up to speed:

Like 6 months ago I go out to the club and end up chatting up some kid outside. He seems nice and I find out he's alone and I invite him to hang with me and my friends. He proceeds to be all up on me and I'm instantly over the situation. He proceeds to call and text me and I just ignore him. He moves away to his home state and I think I'm in the clear.

WRONG.

I am minding my own last week when I got a text from a number that I didn't know. The text said "was gud?" I was racking my brain and couldn't think or anyone that illiterate so I guessed it was a wrong number.

WRONG.

He called me and them reminded me of who he was. THen he went on to tell me that I "dogged him out" Like seriously? I was taken aback. I mean. Had he called back in May, I might have expected it, but to call half a year later? Damn! Needless to say the conversation was HELLA awkward, but I made it through. I felt like an asshole and I don't like being the type of person who hurts others. I tried to put myself in his shoes but then I remembered that I'm not nearly as extra, or masochistic as he is.

SO this long ass story does have a point: When someone plays you, you need to act a damned donkey right then and there! Can't do it then? Well you have a week to do so. Anything after that makes you look hungry and desperate. The person you are trying to call out is going to give you that "are you really STILL talking about this?" expression, so save face. Do it in the moment or soon thereafter or just let it go and let gawd handle it. A smart check is to delete the fucker's number from your phone as soon as shit goes down. 1.) It saves you from texting/calling them later on (even worse when you've been drinking) and 2.) It always leads to that awkward "WHO IS THIS!?" text response, which in itself is a great way to check someone.

My wine is done and lawyerly speaking, so am I.

No comments: