Tuesday, September 4, 2012

LHH: ATL Reunion Part 2





So last night was the second part of the reunion of the show that I somehow fell in love with. My thoughts as I watched the reunion:

Mona Scott- Young, that was a horrible ass cliff hanger! “Stevie, are you and Joseline together?” was how she left part one of the reunion, and then we saw a clip of JOSELINE saying “I am only using him for his sex and his money” Anyone with half a brain knew the answer to that. You don’t date men like JOseline, you skeet skeet skeet and keep it moving. The love triangle segment continues on and they get into the therapy session. Mimi seems REAL bitter (shock) and Steebie looks really sketchy and Chester T. Molestor. Steebie comes for Mimi, making it seem like she was only there for his money. Anyone that has seen his leaked pictures on the internet knows the REAL reason why these heiffas are trying to “ride on his bus” Am I the only one who is thinking that Steebie’s bus is of the short variety?

Mona gets all deep and puts together the fact that all three in the love triangle have Mommy issues. We get to see Joseline talking to her mom and stepdad. Her mom needed subtitles too! Like mother, like daughter! Well, I guess it’s different because her mom is speaking Spanish. We see Joseline break down. Even Funky Dineva is doing the Oprah lean in to show that he is truly going through it. OOp! The nice moment ends quickly as Joseline tells Mimi that she needs to get off Steebie’s case and that it’s not her fault that Mimi isn’t a supastah like her. Mimi ain’t wit it. We then see a montage of Steebie wiping sweat off Joseline’s nose. I never really noticed that, but it’s kinda weird. I’m over these people and glad they moved onto the next f’ed up relationship.

I’m glad to see Scrappy, Erica and her soup coolers and Shay’s busted hair situation hit the stage. I could honestly listen to Scrappy talk all damn day. He speaks so slowly that it just kind of makes me want to curl up and take a nap. Oop! I got distracted for a minute by facebook and the next thing I hear is “is that your bitch? Does she not know her place?” Erica is NOT the one! Shay then says “fuck you and your bun” but I don’t think making fun of Erica’s hair is appropriate when her wig is busted. I do think it has a purpose, as her ghetto little mermaid meets Farrah Fawcett do would not be good for fighting on stage. She needed something light and off her neck. PLUS you have to get hella close to snatch that wig. She may look a damn donkey, but at least she is ready to fight. Ohh, I was right, cause Shay just got cut off by Erica and does NOT like it. Mona has to tell her to keep her shoes on and her butt on the seat.

Momma Dee comes out and they show a montage of all of her fuckery. I fell in love with this woman all over again. Hold up, did this heiffa just give her son a plastic ass crown after giving a heartfelt speech? Is that normal? Probably not. Do I love her more? Yup. Scrappy starts dropping the friend card a LOT with Shay and she is NOT pleased. “The things that are in my name need to be in her name” Ohhh, is it like that Shay? She storms off the stage and said that Scrappy promised he wouldn’t do her like that. She stands up and we get to see her dress and things go from sad to DREADFUL. The hell? She needs better homosexuals in her life.
Best marriage proposal: If it don’t work, it’s cool, but iz you gonna marry a N*gga?
Erica: Yes!!
Ian: That’s love! That’s love! Black love! (I stole that from Whitney Houston on Being Bobby brown)

Karlie discusses how it is hard to be in love while having a career. She has a career? She brings Benzino a stupid shirt that no one laughed over. It was really awkward and dumb. Rasheeda talks about choosing love and K Michelle puts aside her hate to salute Rasheeda and Kirk for the love that they have.

The show wraps up with a saccharine sweet ending highlighting Scrappy and Erica’s love. Momma Dee even gets in on it and gives Erica her approval. I must say that I am going to miss this show. I really didn’t know who these people were. I had heard of Scrappy and K. Michelle (from R. Kelly’s last CD) but was unsure of why I should give a damn about anyone else. Sure enough, they all wiggled their way into my cold heart. This season definitely trumps NY. How am I supposed to fill this void in my life for all things ratchet?

Things I will miss:

K. Michelle’s one liners

K. Michelle’s numerous hair changes every episode

Momma Dee when she’s off her meds

Joseline speaking

Hearing Scrappy say “PAWS”

Thinking of new ways to express just how laid Rasheeda’s hair is

The pussy pat dance for “Marry Me”

Joseline-isms (ie… Steebie, he fucked my brain! Or Steebie gonna send me back to da strip club!”)


You should have seen this already, but this still makes me laugh:

No comments: