Friday, October 26, 2012

New Video: Ciara "Got Me Good"

Ok, so Ciara is back to making music. After selling 37k in the first week for her last effort, she is starting to get the fact that this is do or die. Three back to back flops? Unheard of. I don't know who she is dating or if she has dirt on L.A. Reid, but this girl has been given a lot more chances than most. Her first single was "Sorry" for which I actually like the song and video. This next single (or single 1b if you ask her hardcore Stans) "Got Me Good" returns Ciara to music to which she can dance and twerk around. Afterall, isn't that why we all fell for her the first go round? It wasn't her voice. And lord knows she had to grow into her looks...

Anyway, this song has a retro vibe to it. I think people were assuming she would go the full female Usher route and get us all fist pumping and twirling our glow sticks, but she went left. If that was a good decisions remains to be seen.

The video is BEAUTIFULLY shot in the desert. Ciara looks great in the white outfit. SHe is dancing throughout and dancing HARD. I really enjoy watching her dance. Say what you want to about her singing/acting/ and everything else, but the boy can dance! The choreo has a ton of footwork and looks even cooler against a desert backdrop. It reminds me of her "Work" video and her video with Missy for "Lose Control" I doubt this song will really impact pop or even R&B radio, but I sure hope it does. I think Ciara is talented and I just want to see her be successful in her own lane. Peep the clip:

No comments: