Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Things that Make me want to be Jewish...

Christmas is the best/worst time to work in retail. I have worked retail for 10 years now and I think it has only made me dislike Christmas that much more. It's never like the movies, where people are nice and happy to be living. Instead, it's a whole bunch of "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU RAN OUT OF BOXES TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS?!?!" and "CAN YOU HURRY UP?!? I'm IN A RUSH!!!" Quickly, let me respond to these questions:

1.) Your shopping this close to the holidays is not my fault. I know we're in a recesssion, blah blah blah, but don't blame your lack on planning/saving on me. I guess Little Timmy will know that you shopped last minute for him and don't love him when he receives a girl's belly shirt with no box.

2.) Don't shop if you don't have time. Once again, I cannot be held responsible for your lack of time management. IF you only have 2 minutes to shop, then I suggest you do it online. There are no lines, and you won't get a side eye from the likes of me.


On top of silly folks, I have to listen to Christmas music. I have gotten to the point, where I block most of it out, but every once in awhile, a gem (cough) like this one just sticks out and stays with me the whole day:



Now, who told Ashanti, her non singing butt needed to ruin Christmas? It's just horrible enough that it grates on my nerves, but since it's Ashanti, it's catchy. I find myself singing along to her. Please note this video may look cheap and bootleg like it was made during these tough times, but no, it's just a busted video from when Ashanti was kind of a big deal (read: Pre Beyonce)

No comments: