Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Official

I officially don't hate Cassie.
So when Cassie's song "Official Girl" leaked a few months back, I was like "Is she still trying to sang? Does she not understand the concept of One Hit Wonder?" (Ok, I'm kinda frontin' I actually liked the leaked tracks "Turn the Lights Off" and "In Love with the DJ") The track is interesting thanks to Danja and after listening to the song a few times, I actually noticed the lyrics. The Clutch wrote this song and I love almost everything they write.
Anyway, The video just came out a few days ago and I have to admit that the song is growing on me. She looks blazing in it. Cassie's been getting flack for rocking that Aaliyah vibe (see: bikini tops, pants, leather, sunglasses, long hair) I don't think she's that dumb. I think she's just trying to show off as much skin as possible to distract us from her singing. It's not that it's bad...it just isn't good. Lil Wayne is on the track too, which for me is whatever. I think we need to see other people for a minute and let our relationship breathe. His ass is everywhere. Sit down and drink a Snapple Weezy.

No comments: