Thursday, August 28, 2008

You Can Pay for School

BUT YOU CANNOT BUY CLASS! Y'all like that one, don't cha? I would love to take credit for that one, but that one comes courtesy of Jay Z. That quote is pretty awesome and it actually came into play yesterday.
So this week marks the beginning of the fall semester. I recently began taking classes at UCF (Orlando has a Univsersity, y'all. Who would have known?!) and was all good to go. During a mass group registration, I signed up for Bio II, Chem II and Immunology. I went to class on Monday and Bio and Chem both seemed uber familar. I checked my transcript and realised that I had taken classes fairly similar to those at Uof Illinois. Awesome, right? WRONG. Yesterday I had to print up course descriptions, take them to my advisor and have him put in some paper in hopes of me getting credit for them. Then, I dropped those two classes, leaving me with 3 credit hours this semester. I was told to try to take physiology. Easy right? NO

I'll save you all the details, but here was my day in a nutshell:
-Ian logs on and tries to register, but cannot as the university has not yet ackknowledged his taking bio I and chem I.
-Ian goes to the science office and is told to go across campus to another office
*repeat this step about 15x Oh, and make sure it's literally 105 f'ing degrees outside.

Needless to say when I got to my final and correct destination, I was hot, sweaty and NOT pleased. The girl was like "So have you taken bio and chem I?" so I give her a recap and tell her what my advisor tells me to tell her. She then gives a snide laugh and is like "umm, I just needed to know if you took bio and chem" *giggles again* She is lucky that I was suffering from sunstroke and exhaustion at that point and couldn't sass her immediately. Instead I gave her my famous Renee Zelwegger "it hurts to smile" smile that I give to people when I want them to see that even though I'm smiling I'm saying "die bitch, die!" on the inside. I met with an advisor who yelled at me for registering last minute and lectured me about how little time we had (there was 1 spot left in the class at the time) I'm thinking "shut the hell up and type!" Luckily, I remembered that I needed this woman and I kept it classy. Whenever I felt myself reaching for my 'berry so I could throw it at her, I remembered two things:
1.) I need her to get into this class
2.) this phone isn't paid for yet
3.) This broad was fiesty and wouldn't hesitate to cut your boy (i know it's three, but whatever.)

I left campus feeling burnt out, annoyed and moist (not in the good way) I went to my brother and sister in law's house and hung out for awhile. I held my niece, KoKo Lee. My sister in law made me hold her. I am terrified of holding babies as I fear that I'll drop them. I did alright though. She smiled. She cried. She pooped. It felt like the rest of the world was pooping on me, so why shouldn't she. Well she didn't actually do it on me, I was just holding her while she did the do, but still you get my dramatic point.

No comments: