Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Music: Go Girl



I was watching BET for the first time in months and I saw the "Access Granted" for Ciara's new video "Go Girl" At first listen, I was not a huge fan of the song for a few reasons:

1.) It's midtempo
2.) It features T-Pain
3.) It features T Pain

After hearing the track, I was wondering what Ciara would do to inspire folks in the club. Luckily, she enlisted the director, Melina to direct the clip. It's pretty hot. There's no story and she's not giving us any raw emotions. She is simply dancing in various get ups and set ups. We see her first at work. She is rocking some librarian glasses and using a typewriter. If this is supposed to be futuristic, why rock granny glasses (with a chain) and use something as antiquated as a typewriter? Maybe cooler effects were too costly. Damn this recession!
The next setup is Robo CiCi, who looks like a first cousin to Beyonce's "Get Me Bodied" Robo B. Beyonce rocks the gold, while Ciara gives us the silver. Her body looks banging and we all know I'm a sucker for the phony pony.
The last Ciara is the street Ciara that we all know and kind of like. She looks really good in this video, I cannot even hate. This is a prime example of how a video can help me change my mind about a song. I hated it significantly less after her first Chinese split. The she did another split using a chair? She is raising the bar. How am I supposed to do that in the club? Dance floors are dirty. I have long, giraffe like legs. I hope for the next clip, Ciara picks a faster song and gives us a less aspirational dance. I'm thinking, slide to the left and clap. Slide to the right and clap. Just a suggestion...

No comments: