Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thanks to Kanye's Workout Plan

So Septemeber was really rough towards the end as far as working out. I got super busy with life and pretty stressed out, so that fell to the bottom of my to-do list. I was driving home from school the other day and Kanye's "Workout Plan" came on. It really inspired me to get it back together. Well that and I put on a pair of jeans and they almost fit without me wearing a belt. I later realised that I had just washed them, but still, I was hella nervous.
Last night, I decided to go to a hip hop class to keep my workout fun. I haven't been in awhile and it's a nice change up to running for 30-40 minutes. I am so dedicated that I decided to miss making the band and watch it later. That's huge. But I'll get to MTB later. I show up and the instructor is this white guy who is taller than me. He was wearing sweatpants with CARGO pockets and that right there was almost enough to make me walk out of the class. On top of that, when he was waiting for the class to fill up, he was pop locking. Minus ten points. I decided that would give him a chance. I'm glad I did. The class ended up being a really good workout. During the class I kept on trying to place the face. It wasn't until the end that I remembered that I saw my instructor "dancing" at a bar. All the other go-go dancers were body rolling and booty clapping, but I remember looking up and seeing my instuctor and saying "why is he dancing like the boys of N*Sync?"
It's always weird when you see people from the bars out in normal situations. I guess baretenders and dancers need to go to school, workout, eat etc, but it always is weird to me. Kind of like seeing a dog walk on its two hind legs. ( I jacked that from Mean Girls) I saw a shot server at my campus bookstore and it was so awkward. I was thinking "you look different when you aren't harassing me to buy shots, have clothes on and you're not jingling your goodies in my face" Instead, I gave a forced Renee Zellwegger smile and kept it moving.
Anyway, I came home and was able to watch making the band. It was boring as fuck until the last 15 minutes, when we find out that Danity Kane doesn't really like one another. Oh snap! Who really cares? Do they make hot songs? Keep your issues locked up and get those checks while you can. At the end of the show Diddy kicks Aubrey out the group. I just noticed that she kinda has a little wonk action on her left eye. Sad. Wonky eyed AND booted from your manufactured girl group. what a day! Aubrella is all heated because there is talk of Dawn going solo and Diddy used Dawn to record demos. Well duh! Dawn has always stood out as a unique voice and she writes. Diddy has been loving her long time. But, I beg the ladies of DK to take note of Destiny's Child. Michelle and Kelly shut the fuck up when B went solo. They dusted off their hot pants and heels and made a record when B was ready. They had bills to pay and weren't going to F up a good thing. Since, I have zero desire to see any of the girls to go solo (well, minus Dawn) I suggest, they do the same. Let Dawn go out and play. She'll probably go the Nicole Scherzinger road, but hey, at least she'll see that DK is where he money is coming from. I don't want the ladies to make any hasty decisions (even though the show is taped and what's done is done) and I encourgage them to SLEEP ON IT.

No comments: