Friday, October 3, 2008

Throwback Joint: Dip It Low

Today's throwback joint came to me in my excitement around Beyonce's new CD that is coming out. Since I love Beyonce ALMOST as much as she loves fake hair, I could have simply posted a clip from her first album. That wasn't throwback enough for me. At work the other day, I saw that Ashanti will be in Gap Ads for Holiday 2008. That got me thinking of all the other R&B chicks out there who just fell the F off the Earth after Beyonce decided to go solo. I chose Christina Milian because I really enjoy this song. I like the video for a few reasons:
1.) It's Asian, like me
2.) The dance move at :47sec where she drops to the floor. Genius!
3.) Her introducing me to "poke it out, like yo' back broke"
4.) Rolling around and painting with her body

Basically Christina upped the hoe game and it kind of worked. We all were interested for a minute. Then Beyonce released a single or went to Starbucks and we all just stopped caring. Sad.


No comments: