Monday, January 9, 2012

New Music: Glory




So in the vein of so many artists before him, new father (well he is actually claiming this one) Jay Z has penned and recorded a song to celebrate the birth of his daughter, Blue Ivy. The song is a classic Jay track and I love it. I actually enjoy hearing him brag and boast, but it's nice to get a break and hear him being real. He opens up about the miscarriage the couple apparently endured. That is DEEP. It's actually just a beautiful thing to her him gush about this baby that he has only known for a couple days. My cold cold heart melted when I heard the realness of his delivery and his lyrics. I think this goes up there right next to Lauryn Hill's "Zion" which I think is an awesome song for a baby. Even though I am loving this song, I'm hoping that Jay doesn't trade "Money Cash Hoes" for "Diapers, Bottles and Binkies"


Is it weird that I really want to write a song or poem and have my mom perform it as her own. I really don't feel special that my birth didn't warrant some expression of art. Like come on now! I think my mom tells it that after giving birth to me she was all "time to get my tubes tied!" THat story doesn't really send the message of "I just birthed a gift from above. World prepare to be amazed!" I think I'll get to crafting that song right now! Well, first I'm going to nap and make a snack then I'll get right on it!

No comments: