Saturday, September 13, 2008

Breakdown



This is the ULTIMATE song for anyone who is going through some thangs. It came on my iPod last week in the midst of a mini crisis. The lyrics always seem to resonate with me. I have always liked this video for a few reasons:

1.) This is right after she left Tommy and came to the conclusion that showing one's chesticles 24/7 is necessary. Can we just talk about how massive they are looking here? Motorboat anyone?

2.) Gratuitous use of slow motion. I give Mariah full credit for using slow motion to make her videos that much more dramatic and over the top. The hair blowing in the wind and the crazy hand motions look beautiful when slowed down to 1/10 of the normal speed.

3.) When her hair is straight and slicked back she reminds me of my mom in some old photos I saw. My mom wasn't wearing garters and coochie cutters. Well, I don't think she was. THen again, I wouldn't put it past my mom. Oh lawd, mama no!!!

4.) I like how instead of just walking around and crying, she is in Vegas being sexy. Then she's kinda sad and pensive while laying down.(1:32) Then, oh wait, she's back up prancing around in a bikini top and being all cutesy (1:36) Like Lil' Kim says, "You can't keep a good bitch down!" Mimi is serving up a heaping platter of raw emotions, and I for one, want seconds!! This display of manic depressive tendancies should have been a sign, y'all. Errybody and they mamas was shocked when she ended up on TRL stripping and handing out ice cream.

Anyway, I love this song and think everyone else should do the same. It's a classic in my heart and has gotten me through many bleak times and I'm sure it'll get me through the bleak times ahead. So, if I was Oprah status, right about now is when I'd tell you to look under your seats to find every Mariah Carey CD & DVD released. I'm not on that level...yet. I mean, you can look, but don't get mad when you find some dust bunnies and a random sock.

No comments: