Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why Technology is Bad

I have this affliction, where I think it's alright to drink large amounts of booze and call/text people. This is part of the reason why I like to have a few friends that live in time zones that are a few hours behind me. My annoying, drunken 3am call ET becomes a cute, latenight chat with my friends on the west coast. Smart, right? Because I hate dealing with fall out of what I said the night before, I have tried to really cut back on drunk texting and dialing. I had a relapse a few weeks ago and ended up calling someone who I had written off completely. I was shocked they were still even in my phone. It lead to a reconciliation. Who says drinking is bad and ruins people's lives? SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS, DIANE!!

I was actually laying in bed yesterday in my drawers a t shirt for the first 3 hours I was awake. Amy Winehouse was playing and I was just enjoying having nothing to do (note: this is false, I actually had about 14 chapters of pharmacology to read and I needed to prep for exam. ANd I wonder why I'm so far behind...) I was talking to Jarrod, with whom I just started speaking to recently and I said "I was really drunk last night and didn't call or text you! aren't you proud!?" He was. I was receiving texts throughout the day from people saying they were sorry for what happened the night before or they were telling me that they were still drunk even though it was approaching noon. Needless to say THursday night at PI was one for the books.

My phone now saves a million text messages and I just happened to come across one I sent to my friend, Rachel. Rachel and I aren't the type that talk often. We talk like every 6-8weeks max. I still love her and I think she loves me. I guess my love of her made me decide to text her at 3:30am This is what I wrote:

Why am I so easy to pass on? Like seriously, I'm nice, low maint and I'm hung. OK, that's a lie, but whatever"

Who says that?! I mean really. She never responded to me, which I find rude, but whatever. Rachel has seen me in pretty bad shape. I have seen her in worse (haha) but we don't judge. We still love each other and totally rip on one another for our drunken antics. I guess one can consider my drunken communcations a perk of Ian having your phone number stored.

No comments: