Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy New Month!!

August is officially OVER! It really went by without too much fanfare. Initially I set out to be a better friend. I wanted to try to be better about staying connected with certain people that I have neglected. I also made August the month of forgiveness. I made it my point to forgive those who had pissed me off. Confucious says that having hate in your heart is like holding a hot coal in your bare hand that you plan to throw at someone. Basically hate is toxic and will do nothing good for you. With that mind set, and some liquid courage, I was able to text a blast from my past. We met for lunch and we hashed out a lot of things- some good, some bad (I almost had to get loud a couple times). Overall it was a good experience, as I got closure and got questions answered that I'd been left with. Now I'm pretty confident that we can be friends. If not, I know that it's not my fault and that I've at least tried. That hot coal has been extinguished and I feel so much better.

Now we move on to September. This month I was unsure of what I wanted to accomplish. These past couple of weeks I have been feeling that ansty feeling that comes around every couple months. I get bored with everything that is goign on in my life and I usually cure this antsy feeling by going on a trip. Sadly, I am broke and have no time to take any trips right now. Instead, I have come to conclusion that I need to focus on trying new things. It can be as simple as taking a different class at the gym or eating at a new restaurant, but I need to find a way to break the monotany. Now is the time to step up and step outside of my comort zone.

So here's to this month being better than the last!

No comments: