Monday, September 15, 2008

Genius!

It's pretty rare that a music video comes along and really stands out to me. This one comes courtesy of Gnarls Barkley. It's from a few months back, but I was thinking about it today randomly. I often like to think of new and innovative ways to be cunty and dramatic when breaking up with someone. I've never really had to do so, so my mind tends to run wild with the possibilities. Here are a couple ideas:

1.) Launch into Effie White's speech/song from Dreamgirls. (complete with clutching my gut and giving off all that jennifer hudson raw emotion)

2.) Just say no. As in, "Ian, this isn't working out and I want to end this." I'd say "No." and change the subject.

3.) Launch into the "You told Harpo to beat me" speech from the Colour Purple. I know it's not really relevant, but it's hella dramatical and stuff.

4.) Say "Raise your hand if you're dating me!!! Oh, about that...you should probably put your hand down. We need to talk."

Anyway, I like how this video is really telling a story. One that people can relate to. Not too long ago, I had to cut a conversation short because it was going down the "You are a great guy and I hope you find happiness" bullshit. I had asked that we move on because it was starting to sound way too much like an old episode of Dawson's Creek, or some other WB teen drama.

No comments: