Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Music: Pocketbook

So my boy Max sent me an email putting me up on the new song by Jennifer Hudson called Pocketbook. I think it's produced by Timbaland. It's interesting because the beat is like someone beatboxing and her flow over it has a throwback feel to it. Ludacris appears and I really love him. The song is sassy for a few reasons:

1.) She repeatedly says "Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook!" Is that you granny? Maybe it's a southern thing, but I think people using the word pocketbook just sounds so 1940. I think I'mma use this as a threat for the next week

2.)"You ain't the only one trying to get under my skirt now"- girl you so nasty! You can't be showing your puakenikeni after you marry Punk. Does he have a real name? Is he always that glossy?

3.) "I've got my hair in a ponytail"-- I love ponytails! Now that's she's an official artist with an album and a second movie, I bet she's able to afford her own clip on ponytails. Say goodbye to the days when she'd pick up Beyonce's leftover jumbo silky #5 and make her own. That shit brings a tear to me eye. For real!

4.) "They say I stride like a model, got curves like a bottle"- She's embracing her thickness and being sexy as hell. Go on Effie, go on!!

You can listen to it here: (and by listen, I mean dL)

Pocketbook: http://www.zshare.net/audio/186680921152ed9d/

No comments: