Friday, February 17, 2017

BHM Day 17: Sisqó



The other day I was on Daddy (Well Uncle, as Maury said that baby was NOT mine!) Daycare Duty and was driving my niece to go cheer. We were listening to music and :The Thong Song” “came on. A better person would have changed the station, but I felt like it was important for her to learn about classic music. I thought about shining the BHM spotlight on Sisqó but then I saw something shiny and totally forgot.

Last night, I came across an article talking about a man who was pretending to be to Sisqó get into New York Fashion Week shows. He was successful at Phillipp Plein and Vivienne Tam. He got caught when trying to board a yacht when he showed his passport. I read the article and couldn’t believe that Sisqó (real or fake) would be able to get into a fashion show in 2017. I mean Trump is president and Sisqó is still getting VIP treatment?! #Disturbia Then I stopped being such a shady bitch for 2.5 minutes and remembered all that man have given us:

He was in Dru Hill, which gave us some great R&B hits. I can only remember “In My Bed” right now, but I’m certain there were more.

He had a song with Mya which was the jam back in the day.

He went solo with his album Unleash the Dragon and blessed us with “The Thong Song”. The song really is just him repeating one verse and a chorus but he does it with such emotion and conviction that he just sells the hell out of it. The video is so ridiculous and involves him doing one handed cartwheels and shit. It looks utterly ridiculous now, but I feel like i remember it looking ridiculous when it came out. He looks so zesty with his platinum hair, that it’s almost adorable when he’s singing lines like:

She had dumps like a truck truck truck
Thighs like what what what
Baby move your butt butt butt
I think I’ll sing it again



Sisqó had a moment in music that we can’t deny. He was the Bobby Brown of his group. He gave us vocals, choreography and a song dedicated to women’s undergarments. Today I celebrate all 5 feet of Sisqó!

Bonus Clip! I think this is probably his best song and video I love how he starts off with “Do I grab the back of yo neck to make you listen to me?”



No comments: