Thursday, February 2, 2017

BHM Day 2: Donald Glover

I might be still high off of the wins from the Golden Globes, so I am going to go ahead and shine the BHM spotlight on Donald Glover. I first found out about this guy on the show “Community” which I kind of liked/kind of didn’t understand. I guess it grew to have a cult following after it’s cancellation. I’m sure he did other things after that, but he was in Magic Mike 2. The movie was trash and didn’t have nearly enough nude scenes, but that’s not the point of today’s post.

Glover also raps under the name Childish Gambino and has put out three albums and like seven mixtapes. According to his Wikipedia, the man also plays the glockenspiel. I guess that’s something of which to be proud? Anyway, he makes good music and has recently gotten a bit more experimental with his sound. I adore his verse on Ariana’s “Break Your Heart RIght Back” because of the word play and I just think the whole notion of her singing a song about dating a gay dude over an “I’m Coming Out” sample is genius. Let me stop making this about Ariana, THIS AIN”T YOUR MONTH, SIS! Here’s the verse

Listen, you got a man but your man ain't loyal
Don't understand how to spell it out for ya
Yes I'm G, from the A, and they ask why
Sorry had to tell you, I'm a nice guy
Naw, I'm a sick guy, money too much
I step on stage and girls move too much
The flow so gross, my nickname school lunch
And he with them other guys, you know it's true 'cause
G-A-M-B-I-N-O
I know they hate but I don't know why, uh
I know the way he did you was whack
But I know how you can get dude right back

2016 proved to be a great year for Donald, as his show “Atlanta” received great reviews and won two Golden Globes. He is also going to be in the Hans Solo movie, which I guess is a big deal. I just know it’s attached to Star Wars, and that franchise is killing it currently. I'm guessing Donald will be stacking some major coins and will probably have some sort of cocoa collectible action figure. The man is racking up the accolades on screens both large and small, as well as for his music and has a bright future ahead of him.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Where are his nudes?