Thursday, February 14, 2013

BHM Day 12: Tami Roman




I'm a HUGE fan of reality television. I started watching the Real World when it was filled with average looking people (minus Eric Nies. Can I get a witness up in here?!)living their lives and interacting with one another. It then moved on to LA later on and we were introduced to Tami. She was an aspiring singer at the time and had interesting stories during her season. She wired her jaw shut for weight loss, she had an abortion and she helped create a now necessary role in reality tv: The Angry Black Woman.

After Real World, Tami went on to act. I think she may have even been in a fellow BHM spotlight recipient, Kenya Moore production. She would up marrying Kenny Anderson and got divorced which made her PERFECT for Basketball Wives. The title of the show should have been "Basketball Exes, Tricks and Baby Mamas" but I guess that title is just a bit long. Oh well. On that show she came on and showed some growth. She had kids now and a new wig and was ready to show a different side of herself. She quickly ended up becoming the show's resident bully and was known to be quick to flip. Drunk ass Tami once again owned her title of Angry Black Woman/The Raging Thundercunt.

Tami doesn't just get the spotlight for her pioneering ways. I mean, without her the world would have never met Real World's Coral, Bad Girl's Club's Tanisha, or ANTM's Bianca. She has also figured out how to stretch her 15 minutes into 15 years. She is now somewhat relevant again and that says a lot since I'm not quite sure where her talents lie. She does weight loss ads and is launching some nail polish line. Girl, I guess! I'm not here to hate (esp during BHM!) so go on and collect them checks.

This is where is all began...

No comments: