Friday, February 15, 2013

BHM Day 14: Tika Sumpter



Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I love the show “Gossip Girl” It was filled with drama, fashion and had NYC as it’s backdrop. I mean, what is NOT to love about it?! Umm, I will tell you what; it’s lack of black people. How is a show taking place in New York and only has ONE Black character for the bulk of it? Sounds real “Friends” like to me, but don’t even get me started on those people.

Anyway, so imagine how excited I was a couple seasons back when they introduced Tika Sumpter and her family to the Upper East Side. Finally black people with money who could scheme and plot with the best of them! On top of that, she was able to capture the interest of Chuck Bass! Who knew his zesty ass would be cocoa curious and certified in a matter of a couple episodes? Blair was hating and doing some squats in the hope of keeping up.

Right around her stint on GG, Tika seemed to be everywhere. I really hadn't heard of her before the show but started seeing her on every red carpet and at all the award shows. Apparently she was a soap actress, but I can’t be bothered with soaps. Like seriously, who does? After her role in “Sparkle” she seems poised to have an even bigger career ahead of her. I wouldn't doubt it as she is beautiful and I think she’s a pretty good actress as well. On top of that, she was all up on Oprah’s Instagram the other day. Now if that’s not a co sign, then I don’t know what is. Good enough for Oprah means your good enough for the BusyBoyd BHM spotlight. NOW TWIRL!






No comments: