Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BHM Day 25: En Vogue




Today we are in a girl group lull which kind of sucks since I LOVE a good girl group. Sorry, I’m not here for the Saturdays or any other British girl group. I’m looking for some R&B/Pop the likes of Destiny’s Child or TLC. OR, I could take it back to En Vogue. Yes, I’m gonna do that. Today we’re shining the BHM light on En Vogue.

The group started out as 4 and ended up at 3 (kinda like Destiny’s Child) and had a string of hits along the way. They came along and blended church harmonies with pop/R&B grooves. On top of that, they brought a level of class and sex appeal. They were sexy but never raunchy. They didn’t have to be, as they had amazing voices.

I could really go on about them and their influences but it’s getting late and I’m tired. Hell, I really wanted to give them today’s BHM spotlight solely based on the breakdown in this song:


No comments: