Monday, February 18, 2013

BHM Day 17: Jamie Foxx




I was super proud of getting all caught up on my BHM posts and then my internet went out and I couldn’t post. I don’t want to point any fingers, but I’m thinking the MAN had something to do with it. (well him, or my landlady who knows NOTHING about anything) I will not be silenced and my BHM spotlight will shine BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND.

Today I’m going to give props to Jamie Foxx. Who would have known that he would have blown up like he has judging from his days on “In Living Color”? I certainly did not. I mean, he was funny doing Wanda, but I was never his biggest fan. Apparently I was alone on this one, as he soon landed his own show. It was mildly funny but kind of borrowed heavily from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He did come up with his own unique hand in the face with a screeching sound movement that became all the rage.
Jamie did “Ray” and earned tons of accolades. He was a legit actor. So like any great actor before him (DeNiro, Brando, Demi Lovato) he turned to music. Luckily for us, he actually has a decent voice. He smashed on Kanye’s “Golddigger” and made us ALL blame it on the alcohol.

Recently he played Django in “Django Unchained” I think he played this role exquisitely and made me interested in the movie the whole time. I mean, what’s not to love about a slave who loves to dress flamboyantly and kill white people? The movie helped remind me of his talent and made me forget about his somewhat douche-y personality. In this BHM, I am not here to point out any shortcomings, so let’s lift up brotha Foxx for being so damned talented!

Also, so how awkward was it for me at work the next day after seeing Django to have someone talk to me for an uncomfortable amount of time about his penis? *shudder*


No comments: