Sunday, February 3, 2013

BHM Day 3: Michelle Williams (The Black One Duh!)






So during BHM, I try not to shine the light on individuals who have been highlighted in the past. I mean, there are SO many talented Black people out there, why just focus on the same ones over and over? I’ll tell you why: THIS IS MY BLOG AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT! Kidding (not really) No, today I am going to actually celebrate Michelle Williams. Last year I highlighted her for basically doing her own thing and knowing her place (right the fuck behind Beyonce and Michelle). This year’s spotlight is a bit more of an intervention.

Michelle girl, I am kind of concerned… I saw you late last year on “Styled by June” where June Ambrose tried to update your look and restore your confidence. You went on there looking like a preacher’s wife and fought her tooth and nail. It was as if you wanted to distance yourself from Destiny’s Child as much as possible. I get that the group broke up and you have to move on, but lezbi honest: people weren’t checking for you before DC, so don’t be so quick to ditch them other chicks.

Then, I see an article where you talked about the depression that came from being a less famous member of the group. This made me sad, as I really thought you were intelligent enough to know how lucky you were and that a check is in fact, STILL A CHECK. If it makes you feel any better, when people think of DC, they think BEYONCE, Kelly and then michelle. They aren’t thinking about Latavia or Letoya. I’m willing to be a LOT that most have forgotten about Farrah, who came in as a replacement when you did. So in summary, you might not have the most celebrity, but you’re doing better than those chicks! It could always be worse!

The latest article and major source of concern has you stating that you won’t be in Beyonce’s halftime show because you are just crazy busy being in a musical and recording your album. Woman, did you bump your head? If Bey asks you to meet her at Target, you drop what you are doing and meet her at Target. Why ever, would you scoff at a chance to reunite? I really don’t think that anyone believes that you are busy doing much of anything. Yes you might be the head cashier at Target, but you can request a day off. I’m sure management would understand. If anything, quit! You and I both know your boy, Ciara would hook you up with a job at Sonic.
I’m really hoping that Matthew Knowles told you to lie about being busy to keep a shroud of secrecy around the set list. It just looks really suspicious that your musical released a statement saying that you weren’t going to be in the show RIGHT around the Superbowl. My pushback to him would have had Kelly saying the lie. She has stuff going on. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still call her out but I might only laugh for like 5 minutes, not the full ten that I gave to you. I am getting my BEST prayer warriors out to pray that you snap out of whatever delusional funk you have been in lately. I may be hard on you but it’s only because *in Tyra voice* I’m ROOTING FOR YOU! Do your gospel and broadway thing, but don’t forget the finely manicured hand that feeds you.

No comments: