Tuesday, February 12, 2013

BHM Day 8: Kerry Washington








Ok, I’m gonna be honest: when I first remember coming across today’s BHM spotlight recipient I wasn’t impressed. She was in a wonderful movie starring opposite my arch nemesis Julia Stiles. She just came across as doing too much and I didn’t believe her as the hard, New York older sister (Funny enough she’s from the Bronx). Plus, I didn’t like the way they styled her. I speak of none other than Kerry Washington. Let’s just say that I have come around. I am team Kerry these days!

Why the change? Stop asking questions and let me tell my story you inpatient bastard! I fell for Ms. Washington when I came across her on her new hit show “Scandal” I initially didn’t watch it because it was by the lady behind “Grey’s Anatomy” I haven’t watched that show for fear that my penis will shrivel and fall off. I love my dick too much to do that to it. One of my friend’s told me to watch it and I happened to trust her, so I did. I began watching season one on Netflix and was HOOKED.

Kerry is the star of the show. She's smart, talks fast, dresses amazing and is boning the POTUS. We have three of the previous four articles in common, but I will NEVER tell which. Tee hee! Her character is strong which is remarkable enough. The fact that she is a Black woman makes it unheard of. “Scandal” is the first show I can think of featuring a Black female lead that has had primetime success like this. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but first, feel free to slap yourself in the face for trying to come for me on my own blog! The nerve of some people!

Anyway, so Kerry is doing exceedingly well on television and was cast in Tarantino’s “Django Unchained” I thought she did really well in the movie and proved that Black people can speak German. Will this woman ever stop pushing boundaries and rewriting the rulebook? Probably not. But in all seriousness, her success has already helped open doors for the likes of Meagan Good and her new primetime show. It’s nice to see Black people portrayed in a light other than what reality TV has show America. For being such an awesome example, today we salute Kerry Washington.

p.s. I tried not to bring up how beautiful she is, but seriously y’all… DAMN.
p.p.s She is of Jamaican blood so we are basically related.

No comments: