Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BHM Day 5: Kenya Moore




I just got back on the Real Housewives of Atlanta train and boy am I ever excited I did. No, I wasn’t there to see Kim and her Miss Piggy hair (I think my friend Nate may have been the one to coin that). I heard that they brought in some new blood that was sure to fuel the drama. One of those new women just happens to be the recipient of today’s BHM spotlight; Kenya Moore please come and accept this shine!!

Quick history: Kenya won Miss USA way a long time ago. It was a big deal for Black women and she was a pioneer. These are all her own words. The bitch doesn’t have a humble bone in her body. But that is why I’m not mad! In Kenya’s mind, she is the Rosa Parks of umm, EVERYTHING. Sometimes we have to be our own biggest fan. Kenya, thank you for teaching us this valuable life lesson. Anyway, she apparently has continued to keep her name somewhat relevant by modeling and producing movies.

I fell in love with Kenya when I first heard her tag line of “I won miss USA not, Miss Congeniality” That right there was GENIUS. I knew from the jump she was going to be a real C U Next ,Twat. Early on she blessed us with the awesome phrase of “Coochie Crack” during a model casting. I was waving my team Kenya flag real high at that point. Then she took me to infinity and beyond when she dropped “I’m gone with the wind fabulous!” She then proceeded to twirl. That is when I swooned and was only brought back to life thanks to some wonderful smelling salts.

Can we just stop and think about that phrase? I mean, no one really talks about that movie in 2013. Imagine how shocked you’d be if when during a fight, the other person was like “Man, I am Streetcar named desire, FIERCE! OK?!” You’d be blindsided, confused and probably unsure of how to follow that up, right? That’s pretty much how her opponent felt. Kenya:1 Haters:0

In true reality tv famewhore style, Kenya turned the phrase into a song. It was really just her talking over a generic, gay dance beat. That was, in no way shade as I think the song is catchy as all hell. “you say I’m crazy. I say I’m fabulous!” Give a woman a Grammy already. I find myself saying the lyrics to people all the time:

BL: Ian, you’re late
Ian: I say I’m fabulous!

To make this Kenya’s BEST WEEK EVER, Beyonce (Kenya says that she gets mistaken for her on a daily basis... Girl bye!) just said her catch phrase post SuperBowl. KENYA YOU’VED MADE IT! BASK IN YOUR BHM LIGHT YOU FABULOUS THING, YOU!






No comments: