Monday, February 18, 2013

BHM Day 18: Condoleezza Rice




Condoleeza Rice may not be a huge fixture on the political scene anymore, but I think people have forgotten what a huge force she was. Today that foolishness stops! BHM spotlight, DO YOUR THING! Condi, today is your day and people will know that you are a bad broad. You’re welcome.

I’m not quite sure why, but I’ve always been fascinated by Condoleezza Rice. Ok, I get it: first African American Secretary of State, first female National Security Advisor, She advised on the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Enough! We get it. She’s done a bunch of groundbreaking things. I’m just impressed by a black woman being a republican. I kid.

I think for me, my fascination lies in her restraint. I never really felt like I knew much about her. It seemed as if playing classical piano was her way of letting her hair down and that just didn't really satisfy me. I always imagined her being hella sassy and shooting straight from the hip. If anyone knows her to be any different, I beg you to shut the fuck up and not ruin my fantasy.

Since Condoleezza gave the youth something to which they could aspire you have to celebrate that. It doesn’t matter her political affiliations. In this day and age when people look to the likes of Natalie Nunn, it’s nice to see an educated woman doing things for herself. With that being said, I will give a kidney to the first person who can send video of her doing the Harlem Shake. Hell, I’d just like to see her do a soulful wobble at a wedding.


No comments: