Friday, February 10, 2012

BHM Day 10: Bill Cosby


Today we are going to shine the BHM spotlight on Bill Cosby. The man is a true inspiration. He started out as a comedian and then got his own show (not the easiest thing for a black man in the 80s) In his show he gave us a view of a Black family who was 1.) successful 2.) easy to relate to 3.) proud of being Black. That in itself is quite the task. The show had a long run and was part of my childhood.

Beyond that Mr. Cosby almost raised his kids from the show to be positive individuals. Malcolm Jamal Warner is doing his producing thing. Raven Symone transitioned from child star into woman without going the Lindsay Lohan route. Rudy AKA Keisha Knight Pullam even went on to graduate from Spelman.Lisa Bonet, well umm.. well she gave birth to Zoe KRavitz, who is gorgeous! (this is me keeping it positive during BHM) My point is that he held those kids to a high standard and it paid off. Most of the time the reality of Hollywood seems to be a bunch of actors thrown together who don't care about one another. I get the feeling that Bill Cosby acted as a true father figure and wanted the best for his kids (even Tempest, cause no one was caring about her ass. She was on some Jan Brady BS for the longest, am I right!?)

Bill also served as a spokesperson for Jello. I used to fuck with Jello all the time. I'm not sure how that relates to BHM, but I just felt like sharing. Anyway, I just wanted to take time out to thank Bill Cosby for being such a positive figure. IT's sad that now people just see him as an old, grumpy man who picks fights with rappers. Thankfully no rapper has really fired back at Bill. I don't think they'd be ready for the hell that Heathcliff Huxtable would unleash on that ass... Real Talk.

No comments: