Saturday, February 25, 2012

BHM Day 24: Drake


Today I am shining the BHM spotlight on Drake. Why? Because he looks like he could use a hug and I feel bad for him. That is all.


OK I am kidding. Kind of. In reality, Drake has posted some amazing numbers and has had great success with his two albums. He even managed to avoid the sophomore curse that I fear will slap Nicki Minaj on her ample ass. He is Canadian, has fair skin and is far from hood yet has been received by the rap community with mostly open arms (Common is NOT a fan). Do I think he is the most talented? Hell no! However, I cannot hate on someone who is doing such big things and who has not really tried to lie about his past *cough* I'm looking at you Rick Ross *cough*

But back to my first statement. What is going on with you, Drake? Do you need a hug? I know Rihanna played you bogus and broke your heart, but you have tons of women throwing coochie your direction. Catch it, homie! I mean, you have so much going for you, but come off as rap's emo child. I'm hoping that this award will perk you the F up and make you smile just a little bit. It could be worse... you could be signed to Bad Boy.

No comments: