Friday, February 3, 2012

BHM Day 3: Michelle Williams


OK, I know it's BHM, and I do realise that the chick in the above photograph isn't "B" by any means. She is as white as they come. I am not talking about her pale ass! I am talking about Michelle Williams, international singing sensation (girl, I guess?) I am shining the BHM spotlight on her because she exemplifies a woman who is on her grind. She came in to Destiny's Child to replace Letoya and Latavia and knew her place immediately: RIGHT THE FUCK BEHIND BEYONCE. She didn't make too many moves or talk too greasy, as she knew who was cutting them checks. I'm sure she knew that if anything were to happen to Bey, Kelly would be next in line to inherit all the fame and wigs.

Destiny's Child disbanded and she went on to record a Christian album. I am guessing that was Beyonce's daddy ensuring that Michelle fall off the pop radar. It worked. Then DC got back together and Michelle was ever so happy that her Metro PCS would be reactivated. Then they broke up for real for real. Beyonce launched into megafame. Kelly um... well she's big in Europe and Michelle was on RuPaul's Drag Race AND Broadway. Now you out there tell me who is on top!(Hint: not Michelle)

Alright, in all seriousness, Michelle has always been "the other girl" IT's always like "you know that girl in DC that's not Beyonce or Kelly?" Hell, Google Michelle Williams today (as I just did) and all the images relate to the White Michelle Williams. That alone would fuck with my head, but she holds her head up high and continues to work and push to do what she loves. Will she ever reach Beyonce fame? Hell to the naw! Slap yourself if you even thought about that question! BUT, she is a survivor. Hell, look at her bounce back after this tumble:

No comments: