Saturday, February 4, 2012

BHM Day 4: Tyler Perry


Everyone who knows anything about me knows that I am not a huge Tyler Perry fan. I am not into Madea and I'm pretty much sick of people telling me "good mornting" Let it go. I, however, cannot hate on another Black man getting paid. I mean TyTy Baby made the whole world stop and say "hey, Black people go to the movies and want to see other Black people on the big screen" and ran with it. His hustle is NOT to be fucked with and this is why I am shining the BHM spotlight on his ass.

I saw "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" numerous times as my friends would go out and get drunk and want to watch it. IT wasn't horrible. I saw "Why Did I Get Married" and that was decent. I guess I just don't see the big deal about his films; everyone from Black to members of team zest seem to be obsessed with his stuff. You don't know how many times zestlemen come up to me quoting Madea and then they are all shocked when I'm clueless/not trying to hear that noise. I guess it speaks volumes that he is able to cross over without having to whitewash his characters. I'm going to leave it at that. Enjoy your day Mr Perry!

No comments: