Thursday, February 2, 2012

BHM Day 2: Princess Tiana





Another day in BHM means it's time to shine our BHM light on another person who has contributed to the cause. Today we are lifting up Sister Tiana. She is the star of Disney's 2009 animated film "The Princess and the Frog" As far as I know she is the first Black Disney princess. Yay for you girl!

In other news: Disney, what took you so damned long? I mean, you are an American company and there are a lot of black people living here. Cartoons and all of the crappy toys/marketing that goes along with them are important for kids. They give them something to aspire to or someone they can relate to. I mean, you guys made movies with Ginger, Asian and Persian leads. I am GLAD the gingers have someone to look u to them. I guess they are a minority that you don't want to piss off...

Anyway, let me stop being bitter for a moment. It's BHM and no one likes a bitter black man (unless you are casting for a MTV reality show) I guess I'm gonna go with "better late than never" And instead of focusing on the fact that Tiana couldn't even have a Prince Lamar to fall in love with, I am going to focus on the interracial love instead. See this is me being positive in 2012. I'm on my Orpah ish this month!

No comments: