Wednesday, February 29, 2012

BHM Day 28: The Illuminati


Today I would like to take a quick moment to shout out the organisation behind Black America's success. Illuminati, please stand up! We all owe you a big muthafucking round of applause for the likes of Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Jay Z and basically anyone who is famous and has skin that isn't white.

If you are a complete moron, you wouldn't get that I was being sarcastic. I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but I'm tired of hearing of the Illuminati. It's gotten to the point now that when someone Black becomes famous, people start looking for ANY clue that they are tied to the group. Nobody was hollering Illuminati when Rihanna was begging he DJ to turn it up on "Pon de Replay" but as soon as she started making major waves, people were REAL quick to yell that she had signed up with the devil. Youtube is now cluttered with thousands of videos that dissect the videos, statements and even mannerisms of famous black people and then they break it down and tell why it's so Illuminati. People get a fucking life.

It irks me even more when black people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon. I think Illuminati is today's flavour of Haterade. ____ has more money/fame than me? Must be the devil's doing! Instead of hating, go out and get our own money/fame. I seriously would hope that after 27 days of me showing various black people (and a few whites for fun) that people would get the idea that Black people can be whatever they want. You want to play basketball? Go ahead. Be a singer? Sure! Hell, if you want to run the country, you can be president now. That is what BHM is all about to me, remembering all the endless possibilities and the people that helped make those possibilities endless.

SO the next time you hear someone talking that booty chatter about Illuminati, I urge you to give them a strong side "I hope you know the Easter Bunny ain't real either" side eye. In other news: if the Illuminati is real, please don't ruin my credit in retaliation. Thanks!

No comments: