Tuesday, February 14, 2012

BHM Day 14: R&B Crooners

Today is apparently Valentine's Day and people all over the world are running out and buying ridiculously oversized stuffed bears dressed in leather jackets (Well I don't know if that's all that common but I saw that shit at the grocery store an hour ago--I can't make shit like that up)and balloons. Today I am going to run with the theme of love and shine the BHM spotlight on R&B crooners. I'm talking about the Marvin Gayes, Teddy Pendergrasses of the past. The R. Kelly and Keith Sweats of the 90s. Today I can't really think of many crooners left. They are a dying breed who have left R&B so that they can wear skinny jeans and fist pump with David Guetta (Hey Chris Brown, yes I'm talking DIRECTLY to you), or rap (Trey Songz, please.just.stop.) Without R&B crooners people wouldn't have a soundtrack to get them in the mood. Then We'd have less babies being born and the human race would probably cease to exist. OK, maybe a bit dramatic, but that's how I roll. Here are some songs to get you in the mood. If you get pregnant, IT AIN"T MY FAULT, WHORE!

This one just gets to the point, which I am a fan of:




This man's voice is like velvet and makes people's mamas talk about wanting to take off their panties:




You can't deny the Pied Piper got baby making music for days:




Sometimes the best doctors don't have degrees:




No comments: