Monday, February 27, 2012

BHM Day 27: Oprah



So I woke up to this video today and I was instantly reminded of how awesome this woman is. She stopped her show last year but still continues to be HBIC.

Oprah somehow managed to work her way into the hearts and minds of America. She wasn't the prettiest, the thinnest or the most white washed, yet she got to a place where she would mention a product a million of women would run out and buy it. How did she do it? Hell if i knew I wouldn't be writing this blog I'd be on television giving away my favourite things and screaming celebrity names. Alas, I am not :( No, but seriously, I think the key to her success is being someone that everyone can relate to. Yes, she is rich as hell, but she doesn't come off as snotty. She still talks the same and never randomly picked up a British accent (Oh hey, Madonna!) We have all seen her battle her weight and that is something that people in the flat states can relate to.

I wasn't sure how she was going to fare post talk show, as the OWN network hasn't really taken off the way many anticipated. Building a network from the ground up is no easy undertaking. I still think that O is winning. She is able to do what she wants and how she wants to. If that's not the definition of a boss then you need to go ahead and tell me what is. Go on. I'll wait.... See, told you!

Oprah is incredible. Seeing someone who is fearless in her approach to life just is an inspiration to get up, get out and do something. Maybe I might get started writing that book! Hell, I could start filming that pilot for that show I've always wanted to do. Shoot, I may mess around and apply for grad school!! First I should probably put on pants. Oprah would put on pants, right? Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about Oprah. I feel like someone should knight her (or Dame her?) or give her a Nobel Prize. Until then I guess the BHM spotlight will have to do. Oh, and plus I ALMOST forgot about this gem of cunty dramacality that she blessed us with:

No comments: