Thursday, February 23, 2012

BHM Day 22: Maury Povich




Once upon a time Maury Povich used to be a serious journalist. Then he ended up on "A Current Affair" and shit just went south. I'm not talking about the past today, but the present. Today Mr. Povich hosts a show that basically just has a bunch of loose women on there who bring dudes on their that they've slapped skins with to ask "Are you my baby's daddy?" He used to only do these shows every once in awhile, but now I think that's pretty much all he does. Most shows involve a DNA test and a bunch of Black folks acting a damned donkey. Before names like Steakandshakia Jenkins would trip him up, but now he navigates even the most ridiculous of names with ease. Black people like him and feel comfortable enough to tell him things like "I slept with 13 guys and have no idea which one fathered my child" That is deep. If that's not Pass, then I don't know what is. So, today for Maury's undying commitment to keeping Black families together (yeah, I know it's a stretch, but come on) I shine the BHM spotlight on him!


No comments: