Sunday, February 5, 2012

BHM Day 5: Football Players


As we all prepare for the kickoff to this year's SuperBowl, I would like to take a minute to shine today's BHM spotlight on black football players. I want you to take a minute, close you eyes and imagine the NFL without Black people. Pretty bleak, right? Truth of the matter is, Black men are what make the NFL so entertaining. They are the biggest personalities (Chad Ochocinco anyone?) and know how to talk the best trash. I mean, how many White dudes can you think of pulling off a touchdown dance with the finesse of his Black counterpart?

These footballers prove that people CAN come from nothing and end up living the American dream. They can get those houses, gator shoes AND a white girl! (Kanye reference, calm down) I mean, that is what I call living! They also serve as why sound investing is a good idea.They have come from being segregated to not only integrating, but also becoming quite a driving force. IN the 2010 draft a player cited his being White as the reason why four players got drafted before him. Never would I ever thought I'd see the day where someone would say that NOT being black was a reason for being looked over. We've come a long way, baby.

1 comment:

Avalon Stalter said...

Whatchu know about Ocho? Besides he's with Ev?