Monday, February 20, 2012

BHM Day 20: Michelle Obama





So today is President's Day. I could shout out Barack, but instead I think I will shine the BHM on his wife, Michelle. See, Michelle Obama is a bad chick. I mean, she has great style, which she has made an effort to make accessible to the masses. People can relate to a chick who cops a J crew dress and who rocks Banana Republic. I can't remember such a stylish first lady! I guess in my lifetime, I've seen a Reagan, two Bush wives, and Hillary Clinton; all of those women were yawn inducing on the fashion front.

As far as causes, I really don't remember what any of the other first wives stood for except Nancy Reagan and her Just Say No campaign. That was no only unpopular, but clearly didn't work. *hard side eye to all of his friends who SWED. You know who you are. Anyway, Michelle has decided to tackle fat kids. Boy am I glad someone has chosen this cause. There are a bunch of fat kids running around and people think it's fine and dandy. You know what? It's not! I mean, it's not healthy. Plus, if they grow up and then lose weight, they are forced to have to dodge pictures of what they looked like as a fat kid. I speak this ish from experience. :( Thank you Ms. Obama for standing up and saying "Oh hell naw! This ish ends NOW!! Barack, go on and get my jumprope!"

See Michelle seems to be really into the cause. Need proof? Look at her damned arms. I remember when I first started getting some definition on my arms, my sister Simone said, "wow you have those nice Michelle Obama arms now" Granted, I am a man and that kinda hurt my pride, but then I decided to own it. Michelle was seen on Ellen doing pushups. I don't watch Ellen, but I'm going to assume they were one handed and she was clapping her hands in between pushups. It's my blog and I can imagine shit going down however I please. She teamed up with another bad bitch, Beyonce Gisele Knowles to remake a Beyonce song into a song that would make fat kids put down their Big Mac and shake off some pounds.

I have been inspired by Michelle. I know that she has a white house garden. I have since purchased some cilantro and some spearmint for my own garden. Granted, she grows veggies and shit for salad. My plants are for guacamole and mojitos, but at least I am growing it. Get off my case, haters!

So all this goes to show why Michelle Obama is more than just a first wife. I have the creeping suspicion that she is truly HBIC around the White House. She dresses well, and has brought a vitality back to a stuffy White House. Plus she is trying to make the rest of America's kids as fit and fantastic as her own, what more could you people want?



No comments: